Friday, May 09, 2014

Babymoon in Cebu



   "Babymoon? What the heck is that?". That's what I told my couple friends when they mentioned Babymoon to us but when they explained what it is, I got so excited that it made me look forward to one more exciting thing during our pregnancy.

Babymoon is defined as
  • 1A relaxing or romantic vacation taken by parents-to-be before their baby is born

  • A fantastic idea! That gave me so a reason to plan another trip before the baby comes coz we know that we'll have to stay put with nearer trips for maybe about 6 months after the baby is born and another 3 months while we are on our 3rd term.
    So... off we went to Cebu for our relaxing trip. Beach, nice resort, a little city stuff and a lot of just chillin' by the beach... this is how pregnancy should be! :-)

     What made our babymoon interesting for me is that it really marks the start of serious planning and preparing for how we will be as parents.  Of course it also is a fantastic time to be with my husband and it made me fall in love with him all over again. :-)

     Part of the chillin' time is reading the book with Helen Moon, Cherish the First  6 weeks. We are studying how to prepare a routine for our little sunshine. We love talking about how we want things to be, our expectations, our possible challenges and getting ready for the unknown.We really believe that we should be husband and wife first before we are parents so this time spent together is really precious for me and Glenn.

     We may not be ready for every single thing but this vacation helped us get attuned to each others state of mind and readiness.

     While swimming, I had a realization... no one is truly prepared to be a parent but if Mama Mary gave this gift of a little daughter to us, then, she and Papa Jesus must know how to prepare us and that they are doing everything to get us there. The only preparation we can really do is have faith. 
      



No comments: