Thursday, March 27, 2014

Grocery Grab for High Sugar Pregnant women

Part 2 of my grocery finds to keep my sugar manageable....


   6.  Century Corned Tuna and Century Lite Tuna in Veg Oil

    These products have 0 carbs but high in sodium. Some websites say that canned tuna is better for pregnant women as this has lower mercury level.


  7.  Arla Kids Sticks - Cheese

   Perfect for a snack when you're on the road with crackers or on its own.

 8. Wasa crackers

    I normally eat this with cheese or tuna for afternoon snacks. It tastes like cardboard on its own but with some peanut butter, cheese or tuna, this actually is not a bad alternative.

  9.  Fita crackers
   
    If there's one thing I don't leave home without nowadays, it would be these crackers and my Arla cheese sticks. Though each cracker is 2g, it helps a bit ease hunger in the middle of traffic.





10. Kiwi fruit

    Fruits are high in sugar... True! but you still have to have 1/2 a serving of fruits to get the much needed vitamins. Here's one of my fruit choices. I normally have it for afternoon snack.


11.  Grapefruit

  I'm not a big fan of this fruit but its necessary for my baby's nutrition so I close my eyes and eat them. :-)

12.  Green leafy veggies

   Vegetables were not part of our childhood and growing up years. Thus, its a surprise that I'm looking for them now. I've successfully integrated them into my menu. I usually pair a caesar salad (though vinaigrette dressings are better for your sugar count) with grilled chicken. 



13.  Tofu

     Being vegetarian for a year really helped me a lot as I was able to experiment on different kinds of tofu recipes. I have one recipe in mind that I will try this weekend. I'll share it soon.




14.  Gouda cheese
  
   I have a new love affair with sandwiches and its because of the new Rustan's Deli that opened beside our condo building. I'm experimenting on different types of cheese and deli meat in my sandwiches. Great for lunch!!!


15.  Turkey Ham

    With cheese, tomatoes, sugar free/ whole wheat bread... this is part of a great meal.

  I'm still finding more stuff to add to my weekly menu. The more I research, the more I am comforted by the different healthy options that I have. Suddenly, altering my diet is not so bad and I do enjoy the different dishes.

No comments: