Monday, July 21, 2014

Last Stretch of Pregnancy

    No, I'm not talking about the stretch marks on our tummy. Its the last month of pregnancy... we are almost there.  A few more weeks and we will meet our baby girl.




   Just like new parents, we are excited, anxious, scared and happy all at the same time. Anxious coz we are not really sure what the next few weeks and months will bring but super excited to see our little one. I'm excited to see her eyes, her hands, her feet and hug her like there's no tomorrow. :-)

    Preparing for her clothes and other baby stuff are slowly progressing. There's a lot to think of but what's helping us is just taking everything one day at a time, or what I call, one phase at a time. Right now, we are only preparing for the first three months. Glenn and I know that there will be lots of changes for the first few months of the baby and we're taking it slowly.

    Getting our room ready in the Paranaque and the condo in Makati are the next steps in the preparation process. Of course, we are also watching lamaze classes as well as attending seminars on keeping our marriage happy and thriving with a baby.  As we always say, being a parent is something we need to prepare for but being a wife and a husband is always a priority for us.

    Reading about breastfeeding is already exciting for me. I want to learn about latching and milk supply. I now am also learning about baby wearing....

   When I started the journey of pregnancy, I always tell myself, I will only learn things at a need to know basis. The time has come for me to know these things and its not anymore a stressor but something I enjoy reading and learning about.

   Now I understand why every parent goes through the 9 months of pregnancy. This time is really to prepare you both for the journey of parenthood. Its not an easy process but something that's beautiful to go through together with your husband.

  Its the last stretch of our pregnancy and I'm happy to say that it did not only prepare me and my Babe for our lives as parents but it did strengthen our partnership and love more. I don't think I can do this without him. He has been a supportive husband and partner in all these months. I really cannot ask for more.


No comments: