Friday, March 21, 2014

Menu on Day 1

I had to run to the grocery as soon as I found out that I have high sugar since I needed to alter my diet. The goal is to lower down my sugar and carbs intake.

Thus, my grocery cart suddenly had these:

1. Peter Pan Creamy peanut butter

   Since most of what I researched recommended whole wheat bread and peanut butter for breakfast, I checked every Nutritional Information label in each of the bottle I've held and this has lesser Carbs and Sugar than the Reduced Fat version.

    For every 2 tbsp, it only has 6g Total Carbs and 3g of sugar.

     I just use 1tbsp on my sandwich and its pretty good already and cuts my carbs and sugar in half.




2.  Sugar free Wheat Bread from Walter

    I've been having this bread for some time now so I'm happy to know that there are 22g of carbs per 2 slices and 0 sugar.



3.  Multigrain Cheerios

   I got this because it has the lowest carbs content in the cereals section and because it is multigrain. Make sure to use skim milk or low fat milk.

4.  Wholemeal Penne of San Remo

   125 grams of this is about 77g of Carbs but I noticed that I feel full at 65 grams so I cut down my intake in half but still enjoy the past taste.


5.  Brown rice

  There are a lot of options in the market nowadays. Unlike white rice that you cook it one cup of rice to one cup of water, cooking brown rice takes longer and the proportion is 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water.

 Part 2 later.....

No comments: