Monday, December 18, 2006

Chillin' at Christmas

It's been years since I spent Christmas with a boyfriend. Not a big change but definitely brings a big smile on my face. Christmas is the same and yet different. I'm telling you... Ed brings balance into my life!

The crazines of buying presents, the Christmas rush is the same but the relaxing moments of being home and just watching tv with Ed is also a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas season. We listen (and occassionally watch) the fireworks of Glorietta every night... a perfect mark of the happy season.

I still hear the dawn mass in Don Bosco Church and feel the cold breeze of a December morning. These are the beautiful part of Christmas that I love.

Since I got my stove and oven fixed, I've been experimenting in the kitchen a lot. I made Garlic and Rosemary Chicken last Friday with potatoes and steamed vegetables on the side.

Last night was a bit of a disaster... hahaha! I'm sure my friend Elaine would laugh at my disastrous experiment. The tuna pasta salad I made was not exactly specatacular but Ed being his loving self said its still tastes ok. Hahaha! No wonder I love him tons.

The super hyper active me is thinking, why am I not going gaga this Christmas season. Yet, another part of me agrees with enjoying this time of year without the need to stress. Enjoy the company of Ed, family and friends... have fun buying gifts. Traffic and the hordes of people in the mall will still be there but there is a side of Christmas that can be easily forgotten. God is in the peace and calm. You'll hear him better that way.

There are so many things I'd like to do next year and its good to start the season right by having a calm and peaceful holidays and then starting 2007 with a bang. :-)

No comments: