Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Venus Raj - Ms. Universe 2010 4th Runner Up

Just what the Philippines needed today!!!

After the Philippines went to bed after a nightmare hostage crisis, we wake up to beautiful news... Our very own Venus Raj has made the country smile and hope as she makes the Top 5 of the 2010 Miss Universe Pageant.

I was screaming my lungs out when I heard her name called in the Top 10... That for me was enough to lift up my spirits... and then Top 5. Wow! That made me scream a little bit more (I think my noisy condo neighbors were wondering why I was screaming! :-)).

We may have not won the Miss Universe Pageant, we have not even solved the big problem that is the PNP or changed the image that we have now in the international scene, but for one morning, for one day, Ms. Venus Raj made me hope again and reminded me of my love for my country.

Thank you, Venus... not only for winning the 4th runner up slot in that pageant but for making the Filipinos flash the sunny smiles and making us believe in our fellow country men again.


No comments: