Monday, August 09, 2010

Life Did Move On... Thank God!

Life did move on. The tears have dried and the smiles become more real as time passed.

Its been more than a year and what a year it has been. When I look back at 2009 and half of 2010, I cannot be more thankful for the experiences I have had. Friends have moved to another country, moved back to the Philippines, got married, got engaged, broke up with their boyfriends and got new ones. All in one year....

As we get older, the hope is we get wiser. Maybe that's what happened. Maybe that's what has helped me cope and ensured that I came out of the dark more radiant than I've ever been. Ok... that's self-flattery right there. :-) I gotta give myself a pat in the back though... I did pretty well.

Now, I understand why heartbreaks happen. It is not to intentionally hurt another but to give each other a chance to be with someone who can make the wrong things right. It is a chance to re-assess and re-align the direction of their lives because somehow, they know that the direction they are taking together is headed towards a lifetime of unhappiness. I guess at a certain point, you do become thankful that one or (both of you) was brave enough to admit that you can't move one step more. That doing so will just prolong the agony.

It is true too that time made me somehow forget the pain, not the experiences I went through, but the pain has gone and it has been replaced by gratitude and excitement for what the future holds. What felt like the end of the world is such a thing of the past.

We must never forget though the learnings along the way. The learning that no matter how painful, hope will help you get out of bed when you feel like the day is not your friend. The learning that your friends will never ever leave your side and you should do the same. The learning that your family is the best support system you can find. The learning that when your tears dry up, a man you never thought would make you laugh again has brought the sunshine back with the rainbow in hand.

It is not to say though, that one should just wait for the sunshine to come back. Its a lot of work to smile again, but when you see that new someone smiling back at you... you know that God has blessed your dark knights with another ray of sunshine. Hoping that this light will never leave you again even through the cloudy and gloomy periods of your life.

Yes, I feel blessed to be in love with one of my closest friends. Yes, I am blessed that life hasn't stopped surprising me one bit. Yes, I am showered with blessings because everyday is an adventure... maybe because God knows I don't like to get bored... and so, the journey continues.

No comments: