Sunday, July 26, 2009

Single once more

The transition from being in a relationship to singlehood is tough. No doubt about that. Tears happen all the time. The intense emotional pain actually manifests in a nagging pain all over the body. I guess that's a sign that you really did love the person. It's hard to just let go. No regrets there. We loved... no ifs no buts... just because.

When something that painful catches you by surprise, the ordinary tasks in life feels like a big chore. From waking up in the morning, to taking a shower, to going home, to errands in the grocery... everything, and I mean everything, is just way too painful to do.

So, you have to work hard... make sure that your heart and mind are connected in trying to get up and live again. It's just a bump on the road. You will love again and this time maybe that man will love you back they way you deserve to be loved. But from now til then, you have to trust in yourself that you will get through this. Trust that time will make the pain heal. Have faith that God has something wonderful in store for you and nothing can get in the way of that.

In the meantime, enjoy the gift of the present moment. Learn more about yourself. Get into activities that will enrich you as a person. Meet new friends and spend time with your family and the people who love you. It's a choice between making the most of this character-building time and experience OR have the pain eat you up and make you miserable for the rest of your life.

I choose to smile and enjoy my life even if I am in pain. I choose to do things that will make me a better person. I choose to love again even if I got hurt undeservingly. I choose to enrich my life with new experiences. . I choose to love myself and not let any past experiences get in the way. I choose to allow myself to be loved because I deserve nothing less.

No comments: