Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Twilight - a 32 year old View


As the craze of the movie premiere has begun, I have succumbed to the fad and started listening to the audiobook of Twilight. I suddenly saw myself wanting to walk to the office every morning rather than taking a cab (my car's in the shop). It gave me more time to listen to the story of Eduard and Bella. Yes, the story is cheesy... yes, it actually is for teens and tweens but who can resist the soft and enchanting voice of Ilyana Kadushin. You should listen to her when she reads the time in the forest and while they were doing question and answer in Bella's room. Too enchanting... to0 breath taking...

I find Eduard's looks and description too unreal, too beautiful that I am not sure if any human being can actually portray his character. I can imagine the "kilig" of Bella everytime she would look at Eduard but its so "teenish". I'm not against it and I don't think it changes the whole experience of listening to Twilight for me though.

I'm only on chapter 15 as I write this but I can't wait to listen and finish this audiobook. I wonder if the movie can depict the sultriness of Ilyana Kadushin's reading.

I might be too old for the cheesiness of the story but the enchantment of the vampire world has definitely bit me.

No comments: