Thursday, November 29, 2007

Heny Sison's Culinary School in Makati

Update: As of November 2008, Magsaysay Institute of Hospitality and Culinary Arts (MIHCA) took over the Henny Sison School in Waltermart Makati. I saw the sign outside. I'll try to call or go there get more info on their classes. I'll probably take a baking class there soon. I'll keep you posted.

For those looking for cooking classes around the Makati area, try The Maya Kitchen. Here's their website, http://www.themayakitchen.com. They also have short and weekend classes.

======================================

Henny Sison just openned her newest culinary school on the 5th level of Waltermart Makati.

I saw the schedule of classes on my way to the grocery so I decided to pay them a visit yesterday. Since I got there around 7 and there were no more classes for the day, I just looked around for someone to ask. To my surprise I met Heny Sison herself and Chef Vicky... very pleasant surprise.

They have their December 2007 schedule already and its very interesting. I can't wait to take the Brownie Collection class, The Pasta Workshop and the Introduction to Japanese Cooking. They have weeknights and weeekend classes.

Two more classes I found interesting are the Quick Classic Cafe Food for those who are thinking of starting their own cafes and their Cupcakelicious where they teach how to make different flavored cupcakes. :-)

Their school is pretty big with two fully equipped classrooms. The fees range from Php1,500 to Php3,000 per leisure class (these are the ones that last for 4 hours each class). They aslo have the Special Essential Cooking classes for those who want to become chefs.

Since they just set up an office, they still don't have a fax machine. The website is also under development. I can share with you mine. Email me at lyshiel@yahoo.com and I can fax you a copy. You can also call them at +632 3862210 to 11.

No comments: