Sunday, October 02, 2005

Is It Really A Part of A Plan?

A friend mentioned that my single status is part of a PLAN. I'd like to believe it is... but is it really true?

Having been through a number of relationships... unsuccessful, obviously, I now question what it really takes to have and stay in a good relationship. Is it a matter of timing? Is it a matter of being the right person? Is it a matter of going to the best places to meet him? Do you really work on finding someone or does it just happen? People would say... RELAX... it will happen... Easy for them to say! They are in great relationships! hehe!

When I look around, I see a number of great looking and wonderful single people. I ask myself, if they can't find a good relationship, what are my chances of finding one?

Well, as they say, better to be patient than to be in a wrong one (relationship).... I totally agree with this. I've been in a number of wrong ones to actually belive this statement. I am tired of being in relationships that will makes me bawl over a glass of wine or make me cry myself to sleep.

The pain that those relationships inflicted on me made me a bit jaded in the way I see relationships. However, I would like to believe that I am still very much a romantic. As Carrie said in the last episode of Sex and the City (yes, I cried while I listened to hear say this!), I want an all-consuming love, a can't live without you kind of love... I think, no matter how independent and liberated one is, she desires this... She desires to be treated like a princess, to be treated with respect and to be loved like nobody has ever loved them before.

Yes, I still am a romantic... dreaming of walking in Paris with the man I love... sitting down in a cafe in Italy and just staring in each other's eyes... watching a movie, cuddling on the couch... sitting on the beach watching the sun set... reading a book on a lazy Sunday afternoon... sitting on his lap while waiting to board a plane... looking in his eyes and just loving every moment of having him in my arms... wiping his sweat with my towel after a good work out... hugging me from behind while we are hanging out with our friends...

Funny, Bel -- a friend of mine, mentioned her silly dream which is my silly dream as well. Imagining the big smile of my face when I change the status on my friendster from "Single" to "In a Relationship". Silly, yes... :-) but its a start of something beautiful. Being able to tell the whole world how much I love a person and how much he loves me as well... being with someone who will be proud of me unlike my past two relationships. (Wow! Just thinking of how they were ashamed for people to know about our relationship still stings my self-esteem!). I am praying though that the next man who will come into my life will be proud of me... because I think I am worth it.

I really hope it happens to me one day. I believe its part of the PLAN. God did not let me stay in those bad relationships because He knows that I deserve better. He made me realize my learnings from those relationships so I can look forward to a much better one. This time, I will try not to be impatient and accept the things as they happen to me. I will fall in love again, and when that happens, we will be proud about our relationship because we will find each other in the right time, in the right place... because it is part of God's plan.

1 comment:

A. R. said...

Hold on to that dream. There are still men out there who share dreams similar to yours.