Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

 



This year's Mother's Day was extra special because we celebrated it with 4 beautiful women... My Mom - who I have learned to understand and know more about as I get older, my sister - a very new mom of my 1.5 months old niece, Inay - Glenn's 91 year old lola and Mamang- Glenn's mom who was in Baguio for Mother's day (but we managed to stay at her house and spend the whole afternoon and night time there chatting with Glenn's brother and sister-in-law).

 Of course, the day will not be complete if I did not cook for them so I baked herbed chicken and cooked bibimbap for my family. Good thing we brought some chicken home as we also served it to Allen and Mona (Glenn's brother and sis-in-law). I'm glad they enjoyed the meals we prepared. I really get a high for doing that. :-)

  Glenn wanted to give flowers to all the moms so we were able to get flowers and we enjoyed handing it to them. They are really exceptional women!

   As Mother's day 2012 has passed, I have a burning desire in my heart to be ready for the time I would become a mom. One day, I know we would want to have kids and I am claiming in God's name that He will give us that gift. So now, I am making a commitment to being ready for that new journey... being a wife (because it is a continuous journey) and a mom. I will prepare my body for it by exercising regularly, kicking some bad habits and eating healthier food.

   I welcome this new desire that God has put in my heart. I pray that one day, He will give us the gift that He has planned for us.

No comments: