Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Filipinos unite against Malu Fernandez

After reading the whole article, I felt like my blood was at its boiling point. I've always known the capacity of a human being to diss his fellow humans but I could not believe that this was published by Stargate Media.... in People Asia Magazine.

The person that I am, I wanted to find out what action has been done by Manila Standard Today and People Asia regarding this matter. So I called Manila Standard and asked if Malu Fernandez has been fired. According to the person I spoke with, Malu Fernandez is not an employee of Manila Standard Today. She is just a contributing writer for the paper (who has a column once or twice a month) so they cannot fire her. In addition, they said that the article did not come out in Manila Standard but in People Asia. The two are not connected in any way, he says.

So, the next question I asked is, "Will you still let her write in your newspaper?". The answer to me was "It would depend on the editors of the paper.". I guess the question that we are posting to the editors of Manila Standard Today is, Will you still let her write in your newspaper knowing the kind of person and writer she is?

Now, another question we post for People Asia, did you even read the article before publishing it? I hope that the editors of the magazine are not losing a sensitivity chip in their system and will make a statement not only the OFWs but to all the Filipinos who have been hurt by this article.

I think People Asia is the publication that we need to boycott for publishing this article (page1 and page2) and to boycott Manila Standard Today if they ever publish any articles by Malu Fernandez again.

If there's anyone who can give the number of Stargate Media, publishers of People Asia, that would be good so we can all give them a call and voice out our opinions and make a stand against this woman.

No comments: